Challenge Day 4
~ What I’m supposed to do:
- “Let’s keep our body moving and today lets try a simple yet effective yoga pose, The Warrior I. Follow this link to help you learn more about this pose.”
Well, they give modified instructions for this one, so I tried this one. It’s remarkable how much you have to remember at once to do it! But it felt really good, and I think it will be come part of my morning stretching routine.
~ What I’m supposed to write:
- Share a favourite “healthy” recipe.
That’s easy! Our all-time fave in my house is “Hairy Sandwiches”. These sandwiches got their name from Emily – when she was little she said the sprouts looked like green hair!
- Get a loaf of good whole grain bread (we use 12 grain but use your what you like best) Slice it, leaving it on the cutting board and cover it lightly with plastic wrap or a tea towel
- Slice up tomatoes, cucumbers, onions (Vidalia onions are the best) and lay them out on a cutting board or platter
- Set out a bowl full of your favourite Sprouts (we like radish/alfalfa mix)
- Grate some Mozzarella cheese on the large grater holes into a bowl ( I often use a vegetable peeler to make thin slices – they stay on the sandwich better)
- Set out Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
Let everyone make their own sandwiches!
What’s your favourite healthy recipe? And how long has it been since you made it?
Why not share it in the comments!